Roasted winter squash with herby brown butter will be a hit on your holiday table and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
2 delicata squash, seeds removed and cut into1- ½-inch rounds
1 medium-sized red kuri squash, seeds removed and cut into1- ½-inch slices
3 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly cracked pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 or 6 fresh sage leaves, sliced thin
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the squash in a large bowl and drizzle it with the oil
3. Season with salt and pepper and toss until evenly coated.
4. Transfer the squash to two large rimmed baking sheets, spreading it in a single layer.
5. Roast until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes per side, flipping the squash halfway through baking.
6. While the squash is finishing up, grab a skillet or small saucepan and add butter and melt over medium heat.
7. Stir the butter the entire time to keep it moving. Once melted, the butter will begin to foam and sizzle around the edges. Keep stirring. In about 5-7 minutes the butter will turn golden brown.
8. Add sage and give the sage and butter a swirl. The milk solids at the bottom of the pan will be toasty brown and the mixture will smell buttery and nutty.
9. Once the squash is tender and ready, spoon the brown butter-sage mixture over the squash and eat!
If you can’t find delicate or red kuri squash any winter squash such as butternut will work.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Sides