2 pounds ground chicken (can also use turkey
3 Green onions, light and dark parts, chopped
1/3 cup kimchi, chopped
2 teaspoon of fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, grated
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
1 head of Napa cabbage, shredded
3 large carrots, batonnet (3” large matchsticks)
1 Red bell pepper, julienne (1” small matchsticks)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
1/2 cup soy or tamari sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons of water
1-2 teaspoons sambal oelek (chili sauce)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Arrange the cabbage, carrots, and bell pepper on the sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and aleppo peppers and toss.
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, eggs, green onions, bread crumbs, kimchi, parsley, garlic, and ginger. Using your hands form meatballs the size of golf balls, about 2 tablespoons each, and arrange on an oiled baking sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. While meatballs and vegetables are in the oven start on the sauce.
- In a small sauce pan combine all of the ingredients for the sauce. Bring to a boil until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- After 15 minutes, remove sheet pan from oven, turn the oven temperature to 500. Brush meatballs with sauce. Place sheet pan back in oven and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20