Rich creamy and easy to make. If you’re looking for a comforting flavor-packed soup this cauliflower and fennel soup is all you need.
2 heads cauliflower, cored & cut in florets
1 bulb fennel, quartered
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
¼ teaspoons white pepper
5 cups broth + more to thin if needed
½ cup cream or milk (can substitute non-dairy milk)
1 pat of butter
¼ cup parmesan, grated
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil
- Place cauliflower florets and fennel in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheets. Drizzle Cauliflower and fennel with olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Place into the oven and roast cauliflower and fennel for about 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- About 10 minutes before the cauliflower and fennel are done roasting, start cooking shallots.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add thyme, white pepper, and broth.
- Add cauliflower and fennel once done roasting. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender or high-powered blender until creamy.
- Stir in heavy cream, butter, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the soup is too thick, add more broth until desired consistency is reached.