- 2 pounds of carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup of prepared harissa or homemade
- 2–3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice from half an orange
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 4–5 slices each of orange and lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Peel or scrub your carrots extra well and slice them lengthwise. I like to leave a little of the green top on.
- Add harissa, maple syrup, olive oil, orange juice, paprika, and cumin in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour the glaze mixture over the carrots, orange, and lemon slices. Toss until well coated.
- Arrange the carrots, orange and lemon slices in a single layer on a lined sheet pan or baking sheet. Be sure not to crowd.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. I like mine with a little bite.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve the carrots warm, straight from the sheet/baking pan. Leftover carrots will keep well, covered and refrigerated, for 3 to 4 days. Gently reheat before serving.