- 3 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour (all-purpose or cake), spooned and leveled
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 oz) of sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325. Coat a 10-12 cup bundt pan or tube pan—without the removable bottom)—with baking spray or butter and flour it. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl then whisk together and set aside.
- In a small bowl add all ingredients for pecan streusel, mix until well combined then set to the side.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or using a handheld mixer, beat butter on low speed for 2 minutes then add sugar. Cream butter and sugar together on high speed until light and fluffy, about at least 5 minutes.
- On medium speed, add eggs, one at a time until just incorporated. Egg should be incorporated before adding next egg. Scrape down the sides as needed. Don’t over mix. Add vanilla and mix for about 30 seconds. On low speed, add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the sour cream until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the bundt pan, add pecan streusel, then top with the remaining batter. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check at the hour mark. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cake sit for about 10 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack
- Glaze: Combine all ingredients and whisk until there are no clumps.
- Once cake is completely cooled, drizzle with icing and top with pecans
Using all-purpose flour makes for a denser crumb while cake flour will give a lighter crumb.
Make sure your eggs, butter, and sour cream are at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 75
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Southern, Dessert, Cake