This vegan banana bread is easy to make, super-moist texture and you don’t need an egg substitute! Loaded with 4 bananas and chai spice, this bread will satisfy your banana bread cravings.
4 ripe bananas
3/4 cup of maple syrup
1 stick of unsalted vegan butter, melted and cooled
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of full fat coconut milk
2 cups of flour
2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork or potato masher. The riper the bananas, the sweeter and more flavorful the bread will be.
- Add melted vegan butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the mashed bananas and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, pepper, allspice, and cloves. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in a tough texture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.