This vegan banana bread is easy to make, super-moist, and you don’t need an egg substitute! Loaded with 4 bananas and chai spice, this bread will satisfy your banana bread cravings.
Vegan banana bread is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional banana bread. It’s a great option for those who follow a vegan diet or have dairy or egg allergies. The key to making delicious vegan banana bread is to use ripe bananas and the right blend of spices and flavorings.
One of the most important things to remember when making vegan banana bread is to use ripe bananas. The riper the bananas, the sweeter and more flavorful the bread will be. Ripe bananas are also easier to mash and will make the bread moister. You can tell a banana is ripe when it has lots of brown spots on the skin.
Tips to Ripen Bananas
The riper the banana the better! Ripe bananas mean your banana bread is going to be sweeter, more flavorful, and moister. If you have some bananas and just can’t wait for them to get brown those brown spots because you want to make this bread like NOW, here are a few tips
- Place unripe bananas in a brown paper bag: The natural ethylene gas that bananas give off will be trapped inside the bag, causing them to ripen faster. You can also add an apple or a pear to the bag, as they also give off ethylene gas.
- Bake the bananas in the oven: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and place the unripe bananas on a baking sheet. Bake them for about 15-20 minutes, or until the skins turn black. They will be soft and very sweet.
- Keep them in a warm place: Bananas ripen faster when they are kept in a warm place. You can put them on a windowsill or near a heater.
- Microwave the bananas: Place the unripe bananas in the microwave and cook them on high for 30 seconds at a time. The heat generated by the microwave will accelerate the ripening process.
- Use a fruit bowl: A fruit bowl can help ripen bananas faster. When fruits like bananas are placed together, they release ethylene gas, which can speed up the ripening process.
- Use a ripe banana: If you have a ripe banana, place it in a bag or container with unripe bananas. The ripe banana will release ethylene gas, which will help the unripe bananas ripen faster.
It’s important to note that the ripening process can vary depending on the stage of ripeness the bananas were when you bought them, the variety of bananas, and the ambient temperature of the place you are storing them. Keep an eye on the bananas and use them at the stage that you prefer, whether they are green or yellow with brown spots.
When it comes to baking the bread, it’s important to keep an eye on it while it’s in the oven. The baking time will vary depending on the size of the loaf and the ingredients used, but generally, it should take between 55-60 minutes. To check if it’s done, insert a toothpick or a cake tester into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
Once the bread is done, let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely. The bread can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 2 months.
Vegan banana bread is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional banana bread. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a sweet treat. With a little bit of experimentation, you can create a delicious and unique vegan banana bread that everyone will love.Print