When you think of start-ups in the Bay Area tech companies usually come to mind but Sadie Scheffer’s journey is a little different. Sadie is the founder and CEO of Bread Seriously the Bay Area’s first gluten-free sourdough bread company. Who would have thought bread would lead her on a journey to love, building a business from scratch, and a quest to dare to lead in a more caring and inclusive way? That’s just a glimpse into Sadie’s inspirational story. Listen in.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS EPISODE:
- Learn what led her to start her business Bread Srsly.
- “I felt like when I started cooking, I was having the kinds of creative ideas that I wished I had with my artwork, which was a really interesting thing to realize and sort of grieve and celebrate at the same time.”
- Tips for at-home bread makers
- “I think the best advice is the advice that works for you, not the advice that worked for someone else.”
- “You don’t have to be the best at everything…Let go of the need to be right.”
- Her love of making paper plants.
Subscribe to the Savor and Sage bi-weekly newsletter: https://savorandsage.com/
Follow the show and guest(s) on Instagram:
More from Sadie Scheffer
- Bread Srsly: https://breadsrsly.com/