Travis Cleaves is a talented chef, the creator of Blue Lotus Spice Company, a trained nurse, and has the best IG handle, “the spice twerker”. I met Chef Travis on Instagram and immediately clicked with him. Y’all we talked for about two hours and it was such a good conversation. So good that I split it into two parts so let’s get to part one with Chef Travis.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS EPISODE:
- Learn how he became the spice twerker.
- The more I experimented the bolder and bolder I got with flavor…the more I experimented the more I found my culinary voice.
- Create what you like and if people don’t like it they just don’t like and if they do they do.
- How we need to call out the levels of appropriation that happen in the culinary world that we shouldn’t let slide.
Subscribe to the Savor and Sage bi-weekly newsletter: https://savorandsage.com/
Follow the show and guest(s) on Instagram:
More from Chef Travis
- Blue Lotus Spice Company: https://www.wehavespice.com/