by Stefani Renee
2 cans of chickpeas (15.5oz each), drained and rinsed
2 cloves of garlic
⅓ cup tahini
¼ cup of good olive oil
Juice from 2 lemons
2 tablespoons cold water
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Gather ingredients
- Blend chickpeas and garlic in a food processor or blender. It will look a little gritty.
- Once beets are done and cooled, add to the chickpea mixture. Pulse a few minutes.
- Add tahini, olive oil, lemon juice to the food processor. Pulse for 5-7 minutes.
- If the mixture is a little stiff add cold water.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle with olive oil and spice, if desired.
- This is basic hummus. There are so many different spices you can garnish this hummus with to add more flavor. Some seasonings to try are sumac, cumin, paprika, or cayenne.
- Top with caramelized onions, chop up an assortment of olives or add a little harissa.
- Add a vegetable like my roasted beet hummus or try a different bean, like white beans or blackeyed peas.
- I always like to drizzle a little more olive oil on top to finish it off.