Jalapeño & Bacon Deviled Eggs
6 eggs, hard-boiled
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
1 teaspoon pickled jalapeno brine
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Salt to taste
1 fresh jalapeno, thinly, sliced
2-3 pieces of bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
Place eggs in a single layer comfortably in a pot large enough to fit them. Fill the pot with cold water covering the eggs and place over high heat. Once the water starts to boil, let them boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover, set a timer, and let the eggs sit for 12 minutes.
While the eggs are sitting, prepare an ice bath for the eggs by filling a medium-sized bowl with ice water. As soon as the timer goes off, carefully remove the eggs from the pot with a slotted spoon and place them immediately into the ice water. Leave the hard-boiled eggs submerged in the ice water for five minutes.
- Carefully peel each hard-boiled egg. Slice them in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop egg yolks from hard-boiled eggs.
- In a small food processor, combine egg yolks, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, pickled jalapeno brine, salt, and pepper until smooth. You can also combine in a bowl and using a fork mash the egg yolks first then add the other ingredients until smooth.
- Fold in the jalapenos
- Fill a Ziplock bag with the egg yolk mixture and carefully Cut a small corner tip from the bottom of the bag, about a ½ inch hole. Carefully pipe mixture, about 1 tablespoon, into each egg white half.
- Garnish with bacon, jalapeno slices, and/or paprika
Leave a Reply