What’s better than a classic chicken salad? A chicken salad with a lil’ Southern flavor. With crunchy red onions, celery, red bell peppers, and a sprinkling of scallions all pulled together with some Mississippi Comeback Sauce! Baybeee! This is exactly what you need to bring a little pizazz to your chicken salad.
I love a good chicken salad because it is quick and delicious! I also love me some Comeback sauce and I thought to myself, “Self, what if we zhuzh up some chicken salad with a little comeback sauce?”
Chicken salad is one of the best dishes for an easy meal or to take the next cookout or potluck. This recipe has some banging flavor and is very simple to make.
What Ingredients Are In Spicy Chicken Salad
The base of any good chicken salad is perfectly cooked chicken. You can most definitely use a store-bought rotisserie chicken or you bake a few breasts or thighs—like I do in this recipe—or used poached chicken. No matter your choice, paired with this comeback sauce makes for the most delicious chicken salad. Here’s what you’ll need to make my chicken salad recipe:
- Cooked chicken
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Comeback Sauce
How to Make Spicy Chicken Salad?
- Chop cooked and cooled chicken and place into a large bowl with Red onion, Red bell pepper, Celery, Green OnionsParsley
- Mix up your Comeback Sauce and toss with chicken.
How to Serve
- So many possibilities with this spicy chicken salad. Here are a few faves:
- Grab a bowl of your favorite lettuce add the spicy chicken salad and throw in a few tomatoes for good measure
- Wrap it up! Make a simple wrap Stuff and slice it in half for a simple wrap.
- Grab some butter lettuce place a scoop of chicken salad in the lettuce and you have some good lettuce cups
- Buttery croissant-My favorite way is to toast a croissant and fill it with the spicy chicken salad for a yummy sandwich
Which one are you choosing?