Verdant and bold avocado pesto, good deli turkey, provolone, and peppery arugula all nestled between a toasty crusty ciabatta loaf equals the best turkey sandwich EVA!
It’s simple. I wanted a turkey sandwich with avocado and provolone but I wanted to zhuzh it up a lil’ bit and I said to myself, “ Girl! Let’s do that avocado pesto!” I shared my avocado pesto recipe for a freebie I did for Healthy Heart Month last year and realized I never posted it on the blog, so here we are. Let’s talk about how to put this baby together.
The Best Turkey Sandwich!
You want to know my secret to the best turkey sandwich ever, it’s simple. Use the best quality ingredients you can find. Here’s what you need:
Avocado Pesto: Look, this is the star of the show and what takes this turkey sandwich to the next level. It’s basil season and avocados are delicious so why not put them together? This humble little mixture makes for the perfect pair.
Lettuce: Now of course you can use whatever lettuce you like but I suggest amping this sandwich up even more with arugula. Arugula adds a pepperiness that you just won’t get from romaine. Trust me, you want arugula at this party!
Bread: The bread of choice here is a good ciabatta loaf with all its nooks, crannies, and crustiness making it the perfect bread for this turkey sandwich.
How To Make This Turkey Sandwich:
I’m sure you’ve made a turkey sandwich before but you’ve never made THIS turkey sandwich so here’s how to put all the deliciousness together:
- First things first, Head on over to the Avocado Pesto recipe and get that going.
- Avocado pesto? Check! Now slice your ciabatta loaf lengthwise. Drizzle both side with a bit of olive oil and cracked pepper. Lightly grill on a gill or in a grill pan or toast in the oven until its warm and crusty.
- Spread a little dijon mustard and the avocado pesto on both sides of the warmed bread.
- Time to assemble. Layer provolone, turkey, and arugula onto the bottom slice of bread.
- Add the top slice of bread, cut the sandwich up and serve it warm (the best) or wrap it up and save in the fridge for later. This will keep at least a day.
Pun intended this sandwich will have you wanting more! It’s great for picnics or for packing up your lunch the night before. After you make this Turkey & Provolone Sandwich with Avocado Pesto, let me know how you like it! Drop a comment & rate this recipe below. Also, don’t forget to share a photo and tag me on Instagram using @savorandsage and #savorandsage so I can see your stuff! Eat well friends!Print