Who wouldn’t love a cake that’s easy, moist, and pops out of the pan fully decorated? Well, you’re going to love this buttery citrus kissed with little flecks of rosemary. It’s the perfect dessert for a casual dinner or fancy affair.
What Ingredients Do You Need For Orange Rosemary Upside Down Cake?
- Leavening Agents- baking powder and soda
- Fresh rosemary
- Sugar- White and brown
- Unsalted butter
A Few Recipe Tips for Orange Upside-Down Cake
- Oranges- You can use any citrus you like from blood oranges, cara cara oranges, navel, kumquats or lemon. For this recipe I used blood and cara cara oranges.
- Room Temperature- Your butter, eggs, and yogurt should be at room temperature. Having these ingredients at room temperature helps them to incorporate much better
- Whip it good- Cream butter and sugar on high speed for at least 5-7 minutes. You want to keep things light and fluffy. You want to cream the butter and sugar enough so that the sugar crystals cut through the butter making it fluffier. You’ll start to see the mixture change from very yellow to a pale yellow to white color.
- Don’t Overmix- For this recipe I take my time and don’t over mix. When it comes to the dry ingredients and yogurt, I like to fold them in. This batter is very workable so it doesn’t take a lot of mixing for them to get incorporated into the batter.
- My personal preference is to eat this cake slightly warmed. It is soooo darn good.
- Vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened whip cream are perfect pairs with this cake.
- and This cake is the perfect mate for either a big dollop of whipped cream or a nice scoop of ice cream so temper it’s citrusy zing.
- Mixing bowls
- Hand mixer
- 10 inch cast iron or 9 inch cake pan